January 3-10, 2014 in Denton, Texas
This year Texas has become an inspirational focal point in struggles for reproductive rights, anti-racism, climate justice, and democracy. This January, the Institute for Social Ecology (ISE) will be coming for the first time to Texas (just 40 min. north of Dallas) to offer a 7-day Intensive Seminar. During this program, teachers and activists will share a unique outlook on social and environmental issues that will enrich our work toward making our communities more democratic, ecological, just, and free.
The Institute for Social Ecology has been offering radical educational programs on social and ecological transformation for 40 years. Our mission is to empower those working for social change by providing theoretical analysis and historical knowledge to articulate their visions of a free society.
During this year’s winter intensive we will be exploring:
- Solidarity & accountability in political organizing
- Climate justice
- Democratic movement building
- Direct Democracy & Dual Power
- The utopian tradition and US movements of the last 50 years
- Capitalism vs. a “moral economy”
- Challenges to organizing in a Red state
Tuition $200 for the whole 7-day intensive $30 for an individual course.
* It is our goal at the ISE to make our programs accessible. We provide scholarships on a needs basis.
For more information on the course please email: Negesti@social-ecology.org